Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Editing "In Bloom" Day 1




Today I continued editing for "In Bloom" and got it mostly done. Like I had mentioned earlier, I resorted to editing on the iMovie app on my iPhone since I had other way of getting to use the program. I was a bit hesitant to use it since I thought it would be more complicated and the screen was smaller, but the application was extremely user friendly.

I had a ridiculous amount of clips to pick from and sort through because I shot nearly every single part of the film from various angles, so it took me more than a few hours to get a rough edit but it was super gratifying. I am happy with the way the story is told predominantly through visuals and how easy it is to follow even though there is no dialogue.

All I am missing are the title, credits, and a couple final transitions. I am planning on finishing these last touches tomorrow and doing research for my website as well as beginning to create it. Once I decide on how the title/credits will look, I will look into ways of carrying that theme into the poster and website to create a brand for this short film better.

Here are some more stills of my editing process on iMovie:





No comments:

Post a Comment