Thursday, March 05, 2015

Day 1 of Screenplay Writing

As can probably be guessed from the title of this post, today was my first day researching screenplays and starting to write the screenplay for my opening. 

For some reason, when deciding how to go about preparing to film the opening, I knew I had to make a screenplay of some sort in order to stay organized and make sure every moment of the opening had meaning. 

I first had to refresh my memory on the format of screenplays. Even though it was for my eyes only, I wanted to try and mimic the structure of a professional one. For reference, I found a website that is an archive of short film screenplays (http://www.simplyscripts.com/genre/short-scripts.html). I read over two scripts in their entirety and got a feel for how I should go about writing my own.

And with that, I began writing. My goal is to have the AS opening screenplay done by this weekend. After that, I have to write some scripts for audios I will be recording and I also plan on writing an informal shot list of all the ones I want to get done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment